Updated Matrice 200 Series Drones And FlightHub Software Lay The Foundation For BVLOS And Night Flights While Accelerating Organization-Wide Drone DeploymentsDJI, the world’s leader in civilian drones and aerial imaging technology, today unveiled new hardware and software tools to give professional drone operators improved control, safety, and security for high-stakes missions. The new Matrice 200 Series V2 drones are redesigned with better reliability, safety, and security features, while the FlightHub drone operations management platform gives organizations more implementation control and data security assurances. Combined, these improvements enable commercial organizations to scale and manage their drone programs while laying the technical foundations for Beyond Visual Line of Sight (BVLOS) and nighttime operations.“From routine mapping missions to sensitive industrial inspections, organizations around the world rely on DJI to provide more robust, secure and scalable solutions,” said Jan Gasparic, Director of Strategic Partnerships at DJI. “As leading organizations have increased their drone fleets into the hundreds and thousands, they have asked for better ways to centrally manage drone operations and are using drones for applications that demand safer and more reliable drone technology. Our updated Matrice 200 Series drones are now better equipped for complex life-saving missions, flights over sensitive locations, and flights at night, while enhancements to DJI FlightHub give organizations more control over their drone fleets and the data they generate.”
Enhancements to Matrice 200 Series Drones
The Matrice 200 Series V2 brings new and improved features to DJI’s leading drone for commercial and industrial tasks. The second-generation model retains its rugged all-weather design, simple setup and easy configuration, while upgrading key systems to provide safer, more reliable, and more secure operation. From construction and infrastructure inspection to public safety and search and rescue, the Matrice 200 Series V2 provides a versatile platform for organizations ready to transform their daily operations with drone technology. Improvements to the Matrice 200 Series V2 Include:
- Reliable Transmission – Equipped with OcuSync 2.0, the drones now support automatic dual frequency band switching (*1) between 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz for up to 8 km (*2) maximum transmission range, delivering reliable, high-resolution, low-latency digital video transmission back to the pilot.
- Data Security – All data transmitted through OcuSync 2.0 is encrypted using the leading AES-256 standard, ensuring critical mission information is protected and can only be accessed by authorized parties.
- Flight Safety – Designed with U.S. Federal Aviation Administration Night Waiver standards in mind, anti-collision beacons have been added on the top and bottom of the drone to improve flight safety during low-light conditions and at night. The drone is also equipped with DJI’s AirSense system using an ADS-B receiver to provide drone pilots with awareness of approaching air traffic that may pose a collision risk.
- Flight Performance – Pilots using multiple drone payloads during their operations can now calibrate the drone’s new center of gravity with ease from the DJI Pilot app for better flight performance.
- Data Accuracy – A new TimeSync system continuously aligns the flight controller, cameras, GPS module and RTK module, as well as any third-party payloads or onboard accessories, fixing the position data to the center of the image frame to achieve improved data accuracy.