Coverdrone has announced that their Coverdrone ‘Flysafe’ App, which was previously exclusive to Coverdrone clients, is now free of charge to all users. This change was made in an attempt to create a safer environment for all drone users to fly within as by logging your flight, other operators will be able to view your whereabouts. They encourage all frequent drone users to utilize the app to its full potential!
Coverdrone Flysafe Features
- Airspace Alerts allow the monitoring of your reported flight and we will track manned aviation (visible by ADS-B) and notify you if there is a potential conflict
- International Maps
- Detailed Pre-Flight Report
- Regulated airspace information
- Areas of other increased aerial activities (e.g. glider sites etc)
- Drone relevant NOTAM information (e.g. temporary restrictions or navigation warnings)
Ground Hazard Information
- Critical Infrastructure (e.g. power lines, gasometers etc)
- Transport Infrastructure ( e.g. stations)
- Privacy Hazards ( e.g. schools, hospitals etc)
- Pedestrian Hazards (e.g parks etc)
- Area reports – Receive a categorised summary of restrictions, hazards and weather forecast information for a flight location.
- Flight reports – Provide visibility of your flight (current or planned) to other drone users on the data exchange network.
- Help steer new application features by providing feedback based on your usage.
Coverdrone FlySafe is available for Android and iOS devices. The app has been developed in partnership with Altitude Angel, a leading UK-based company working on innovative future drone traffic management solutions.
Where is the Flysafe App Available?
Our app is supported within the UK, European Union, Canada, New Zealand and Australia.